Rufford Old Hall, Rufford, Lancashire. Built in about 1530 for Sir Robert Hesketh; it was the home to the Heskeths for 500 years.
The White Goddess Book Of Shadows

Rufford Old Hall - Historic Sites - The White Goddess

Per-Ankh Feed

Friday, 22 March 2019

Rufford Old Hall

Rufford Old Hall

Built in about 1530 for Sir Robert Hesketh; it was the home to the Heskeths for 500 years, only the Great Hall, survives from the original structure. It s designated as a Grade 1 listed building and has been managed by the National Trust since 1936.

The Great Hall was the central part of an H-shaped house which had two wings. In 1662 a brick built wing was added to the north of the east wing. The east wing was rebuilt in the 1720's using timbers brought from Holmeswood Hall, which was also owned by the Heskeths.

Around 1760 the Heskeths moved to Rufford New Hall, though in the 1820's the hall was occupied by Thomas Henry Hesketh, the eldest son of the 3rd Baronet.

Rufford Old Hall

In 1936 Rufford Old Hall, with its collection of arms and armour and 17th-century oak furniture, was donated to the National Trust by Thomas Fermor-Hesketh, 1st Baron Hesketh.

It's thought that William Shakespeare may have performed in the Great Hall around the 1580's.

Opening Times
The hall and gardens open at various times throughout the year, see the National Trust website for details.

Admission
Adult: 8.00
Child: 4.30
Family: 20.25

National Trust Rufford Old Hall

View Rufford Old Hall Gallery

Aeclectic Tarot

Aeclectic Tarot

Aeclectic Tarot

Magical Times Magazine

Magical Times Magazine

Magical Times Magazine

Magic Folk

Magic Folk

Magic Folk