Aberdour Castle, Aberdour, Fife, Scotland: was built by the de Mortimor family in around 1200, for a brief time it was in the ownership of the Randolph Family before passing to the Douglases in 1342.
The White Goddess Divination, Scrying, Runes

Gallery - Aberdour Castle - Historic Sites - The White Goddess

Per-Ankh Feed

Friday, 22 September 2017

Aberdour Castle

Aberdour Castle - Gallery

Inchcolm Abbey in the Firth of Forth as seen from Aberdour Castle.

Enlarge Image

Inchcolm Abbey in the Firth of Forth as seen from Aberdour Castle.

Enlarge Image

Clouds over Inchcolm Abbe as seen from Aberdour Castle.

Enlarge Image

The Tower House of Aberdour Castle built around 1200 and altered in the 15th century.

Enlarge Image

Collapsed Tower House taken from the Service Courtyard.

Enlarge Image

The Service Courtyard contained a bakehouse and a brewhouse and other ancillary buildings.

Enlarge Image

The East Range was the last major addition the castle built by the 7th Earl in the early 17th century.

Enlarge Image

View of the East Range showing the Castle Sun Dial.

Enlarge Image

The East Range was the last major addition the castle built by the 7th Earl in the early 17th century.

Enlarge Image

View of the Castle Sun Dial on the East Range.

Enlarge Image

The Tower House was built around 1200, though altered in height and internally in the 15th century.

Enlarge Image

Tower Hose Ruins. Most of the Tower House collapsed in the 19th century.

Enlarge Image

Tower Hose Ruins. Most of the Tower House collapsed in the 19th century.

Enlarge Image

Aberdour Castle from the Terraced Gardens.

Enlarge Image

View of the Beehive shaped dovecote from the Terraced Gardens.

Enlarge Image

The Terraced Gardens were probably laid out in 1550's and the beehive-shaped dovecote in the 16th century.

Enlarge Image

The Central Range was most probably begun by Regent Morton around 1550 as a new residence.

Enlarge Image

View of the East Range from inside the Central Range.

Enlarge Image

The nearby St Fillians Kirk, was built by the de Mortimor Family around 1140

Enlarge Image

The nearby St Fillians Kirk, was built by the de Mortimor Family around 1140

Enlarge Image

St Fillians Graeyard overlooking the Firth of Forth.

Enlarge Image

   

All images copyright 2017 The White Goddess

Magic Folk

Magic Folk

Magic Folk

Aeclectic Tarot

Aeclectic Tarot

Aeclectic Tarot

Magical Times Magazine

Magical Times Magazine

Magical Times Magazine